Cisco Unified Communications System Administration
- Days: 2
- Course Code: CIUCSA
- Booking: Please ring 08450 504 505
//include "http://www.microsoft-certification.co.uk/get.php?csid=23052" ?>
UCSA covers all of the topics necessary for administering a Cisco Unity or Cisco Personal Assistant system in either a stand-alone voice mail unified messaging, or unified communications environment. UCSA provides best practice information for system setup, subscriber administration and system customization. Students completing the course will have a good understanding of the standard features of a Cisco Unity or Cisco Personal Assistant system and how to use them effectively.
Students entering this course should have a good understanding of Windows 2000 and either Exchange (5.5 or 2000). In addition, they should be familiar with the features and benefits provided by at least one manufacturer's telephone switching equipment (i.e., Cisco CallManager, NEC NEAX 2000 or 2400, Avaya Definity series, etc.)
This course is primarily designed for people responsible for the day-to-day administration of Cisco Unity and Personal Assistant messaging systems. The course is also appropriate for Account managers and Channel Partner sales people to develop an understanding of the features and benefits of the product. The course serves as a prerequisite to the Cisco Unified Communications System Engineer course.
Delegates will learn how to
- Given a diagram of one of Cisco's unified communications architectures, label the functional areas correctly
- Given the requirement for a unified communications system of a stated capacity, describe the minimum hardware requirements necessary for that particular unified communications component system.
- Given the requirement for a unified communications system of a stated capacity, describe the software configuration necessary to build that particular unified communications component system.
- Given a list of features that define integration, list the minimal set of features of integration between a telephone switch and a Cisco Unity voice mail.
- Given a list of features available in Cisco Unity, correctly identify the standard features of a Cisco Unity system.
- Given a list of features available in Personal Assistant, correctly identify the standard features of a Personal Assistant system.
- Using your System
- General Setup
- Customizing your System
- Maintaining your System