Optimizing Converged Cisco Networks (ONT)
- Days: 5
- Course Code: CIONT
- Booking: Please ring 08450 504 505
//include "http://www.microsoft-certification.co.uk/get.php?csid=22151" ?>
This 5-Day Instructor led course is designed to enable delegates to optimize their networks as mobility and converged networks become more prevalent in today’s businesses. Delegates will learn about the new Cisco Intelligent Information Network model (IIN) and the Cisco Service-Oriented Network Architecture (SONA) as architectural frameworks for converged networks. These networks bring with them a number of VoIP related challenges and you will be given an understanding of VoIP network essentials. In order to ensure the quality in a converged network, you will deal with concepts and implementation methods for Quality of Service (QoS).
Finally, you will face the evolution of wireless security standards, and describe elements of Cisco wireless LAN (WLAN) network.
You will work on case studies and several labs based on the Cisco Integrated Services Routers (ISR) related to the converged network topics.
A valid CCNA Certification is required. Delegates are recommended to take the BCMSN course prior to the ONT.
This course is suitable for candidates of Cisco CCNP, CCDP, CCIP and CCIE Routing and Switching and CCIE Communications and Services certifications. The target audience is network administrators and technicians responsible for implementing and troubleshooting complex routed network environments, network administrators responsible for implementing and managing medium-to-large business networks, senior network support staff performing a help-desk role in a medium or enterprise-sized company that has internal network support escalation staff and network support staff who design, implement, and troubleshoot Layer 3 connectivity issues
Leads to examination
- 642-845 - Optimizing Converged Cisco Networks (ONT)
Leads to certification
Delegates will learn how to
- Describe the converged network requirements within the Cisco conceptual network models with focus on performance and wireless security
- Describe the need to implement QoS and the methods for implementing QoS on a converged network using Cisco routers and Catalyst switches
- Explain the key IP QoS mechanisms used to implement the DiffServ QoS model
- Configure AutoQoS for enterprise
- Describe and configure wireless security, and basic wireless management
- Describe Cisco VoIP implementations 2 Optimizing Converged Cisco Networks (ONT)
- Course Introduction
- Describe Network Requirements
- Describe Cisco VoIP Implementations
- Introduction to IP QoS
- Implement the DiffServ QoS Model
- Implement AutoQoS
- Implement Wireless Scalability