Implementing Secure Converged Wide Area Networks (ISCW)
- Days: 5
- Course Code: CIISCW
- Booking: Please ring 08450 504 505
//include "http://www.microsoft-certification.co.uk/get.php?csid=22134" ?>
This is a 5-Day Instructor led course that introduces techniques and features enabling or enhancing WAN and remote access solutions. This course focuses on using one or more of the available WAN connection technologies for remote access between enterprise sites.
Key topics included are cable-modems and Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) with Network AddressTranslation (NAT), Multi Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) virtual private networks (VPNs),and network security using VPNs with IPsec encryption and Internet Key Exchange (IKE) keys. Delegates will be able to secure the network environment using existing Cisco IOS security features, and configure the three primary components of the Cisco IOS Firewall Feature set (Firewall, Intrusion Prevention System [IPS], and Authentication, Authorization,and Accounting [AAA]). This task-oriented course teaches the knowledge and skills needed to secure Cisco IOS router networks using features and commands in Cisco IOS software, and using a router configuration application.
Delegates should hold a valid CCNA accreditation before taking this course.
This course is suitable for candidates wanting to take CCNP, CCDP and CCIE Routing and Switching and CCIE Communications and Services certifications. It is suitable for network administrators and technicians responsible for implementing and troubleshooting complex routed network environments and senior network support staff performing a help-desk role in a medium or enterprise-sized company that has internal network support escalation staff. It is also suitable for network support staff who design, implement, and troubleshoot Layer 3 connectivity issues.
Leads to examination
- 642-825 - Implementing Secure Converged Wide Area Networks (ISCW)
Leads to certification
Delegates will learn how to
- Describe the remote connectivity requirements for secured access and explain the alignment of these requirements with Cisco network architectures 2 Implementing Secure Converged Wide Area Networks (ISCW) v1.0 © 2006, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Describe and implement teleworker broadband connectivity
- Implement and verify frame mode MPLS
- Describe and configure a site-to-site IPsec VPN
- Describe and configure Cisco device hardening
- Describe and configure IOS firewall features
- Course Introduction
- Describe Network Requirements
- Connect Teleworkers
- Implement Frame Mode MPLS
- IPsec VPNs
- Cisco Device Hardening
- Cisco IOS Threat Defense Features
Recommended follow on course