IP Telephony Design
- Days: 5
- Course Code: CIIPTD
- Booking: Please ring 08450 504 505
//include "http://www.microsoft-certification.co.uk/get.php?csid=22786" ?>
The IPTD course prepares planners and designers to design contemporary Cisco IP Communications Solutions that conform to the recommendations and outcomes outlined in the Cisco IP Telephony Solutions Reference Design Guide (SRND).
The Cisco IP Telephony Design course addresses the breadth of technical issues surrounding the design of Voice over Data networks and explains a methodology that brings order to approaching the problems faced by planners and designers. It teaches the assessment of the current network, Cisco methodology for implementing Voice over Data networks, and how to design sustainable and appropriate implementations.
The course culminates in an intensive lab exercise to apply the concepts, recommendations and calculations to design an Enterprise IP telephony solution that can be implemented and maintained cost-effectively.
This course is intended for network engineers who will be designing IP Telephony solutions that include the deployment of Cisco Call Manager and Unity products.
Delegates will learn how to
- Draft an infrastructure assessment that contains all the technical information required to begin the design phase in accordance with the IP Telephony Solutions Reference Network Design Guide (SRND).
- Design an IP Telephony solution, with expert and peer guidance.
- Module 1 Design a large campus LAN to support an IP telephony solution. Module 2 Design the WAN for IP Telephony - Design a fast, secure, highly available WAN link with the quality of service needed to support IP Telephony solutions.
- Module 3 Design IP Telephony - Design an IP telephony solution. Module 3 Design IP Telephony - Design an IP telephony solution.
- Select IP telephony gateways that are appropriately sized for customer load conditions and appropriately scalable for their growth projections.
- Select appropriate Cisco media resources for an IP Telephony solution
- Determine the size and position of applications for the services requested by a customer in an IP Telephony solution.
- Course Goal and Objectives
- Course Outline
Designing the LAN for IP Telephony
- Explaining Campus Evolution and IP Telephony
- Connecting IP Phones
- Designing High Availability at the Data Link and Network Layers
- Reviewing LAN QoS for IP Telephony
- Designing the LAN Access Layer for IP Telephony
- Designing the LAN Distribution layer for IP Telephony
- Designing the Core Layer for IP Telephony
Designing the WAN to Support IP Telephony
- Provisioning Bandwidth
- Designing WAN QoS for IP Telephony
Designing IP Telephony
- Sizing and Selecting Voice Gateways
- Designing Media Resources
- Sizing and Positioning Applications
- Designing the Dial Plan
- Designing the Emergency Services
- Securing the IP Telephony Solution