Cisco Unity Design and Networking
- Days: 4
- Course Code: CICUDN
- Booking: Please ring 08450 504 505
//include "http://www.microsoft-certification.co.uk/get.php?csid=23154" ?>
Cisco Unity Design and Networking (CUDN) is an advanced course for engineers responsible for the design of sustainable complex Unity solutions based upon customer requirements. Upon completion of this course, you should have a higher degree of confidence that the designs you provide for your customers meet the criteria of being sustainable and reducing post-deployment support requirements
Learners should have completed the Unified Communications System Engineer (Unity) and Cisco IP Telephony (CallManager) courses and understand the product installation and configuration procedures for deploying those solutions. Microsoft skills in Active Directory, SQL, Exchange and Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 are also recommended
Delegates will learn how to
- Explain the impact of different messaging environments (Domino/MS) upon a Unity design.
- Design a large voicemail solution.
- Network Unity with legacy voicemail systems.
- Explain approved Cisco Unity deployment models.
- Apply a repeatable design methodology.
- Design solutions that meet specific customer needs.
- Design solutions that interoperate with legacy voicemail systems
Module 1: Design a Unity Solution
- Lesson 1: Determine Presales Requirements
- Lesson 2: Preliminary Design and Budget
- Lesson 3: Plan
- Lesson 4: Final Design Phase
Module 2 Infrastructure Components Affecting Unity Design
- Lesson 1 Database and Directory Components
- Lesson 2 Directory with Exchange 5.5
- Lesson 3 Directory with Windows 2000
- Lesson 4 Directory with Lotus Domino
- Lesson 5 How Unity Interacts With Directories
- Lesson 6 The Mailstore with Exchange 5.5
- Lesson 7 The Mailstore with Exchange 2000
- Lesson 8 Coexistence of Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000
- Lesson 9 The Mailstore with Domino
- Lesson 10 Auxiliary Components
Module 3: Large-Scale, Voicemail-Only Systems
- Lesson 1 Infrastructure Considerations
- Lesson 2 Capacity Planning Considerations
- Lesson 3 Deployment Considerations
Module 4: Cisco Unity Deployment Models
- Lesson 1: Deployment Models
- Lesson 2: Common Dial Plan Issues
- Lesson 3: Common Bandwidth Provisioning Issues
- Lesson 4: Common Branch Offices Voice Mail Issues
- Lesson 5: Centralized Messaging Design Rules
- Lesson 6: Distributed Messaging Design Rules
Module 5: Voicemail Interoperability
- Lesson 1: Unity Bridge and Avaya Interoperability
- Lesson 2: Unity Bridge and Avaya Design Guidelines
- Lesson 3: Implementing Unity Bridge
- Lesson 4: Nortel Products and VPIM v2
- Lesson 5: Designing VPIM Solutions
- Lesson 6: Implementing VPIM