Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks
- Days: 5
- Course Code: CIBSCI
- Booking: Please ring 08450 504 505
//include "http://www.microsoft-certification.co.uk/get.php?csid=4068" ?>
BSCI is a five-day instructor-led course which instructs delegates of medium to large network sites on the use of advanced IP addressing and routing in implementing scalability for Cisco routers connected to LANs and WANs. The goal is to train network administrators to grow a dramatically increased number of routers/sites using these techniques instead of redesigning the network when additional sites or wiring configurations are added.
This course is intended for networkadministrators and technicians; customers or channel resellers; network support staff and candidates for CCNP, CCDP, CCIP and CCIE certifications.
Delegates are also required to hold a valid CCNA qualification.
Delegates will learn how to
- Describe advanced IP addressing to include variable length subnet mask (VLSM), route summarisation, classless interdomain routing (CIDR), basic IP version 6 (IPv6), and network address translation (NAT) with route maps.
- Identify advanced IP routing principles including static and dynamic routing characteristics and the concepts of classless routing and network boundary summarisation.Configure Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) for a scalable network
- Configure Open Shortest Path First OSPF) for a scalable multi-area network
- Configure Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS) for a scalable multi-area network.
- Manipulate routing updates and packet flow using redistribution, distribution lists, administrative distance, route maps and policy based routing.Configure basic Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) for internal and external connections
- Advanced IP Addressing
- Routing Principles
- Configuring EIGRP
- Configuring OSPF
- Configuring the IS-IS Protocol
- Manipulating Routing Updates
- Configuring Basic BGP
Leads to examinations
- 642-801 BSCI - Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks
Leads to certification
Recommended follow on training
- BCMSN – Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks
- BCRAN – Building Cisco Remote Access Networks
- CIT – Cisco Internetwork Troubleshooting
- ARCH - Designing Cisco Network Architectures
- QoS – Implementing Cisco Quality of Service
- BGP – Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers
- MPLS – Implementing Cisco MPLS