Cisco Aironet Wireless LAN Fundamentals & Aironet Wireless Site Survey v5
- Days: 4
- Course Code: CIAWFSS
- Booking: Please ring 08450 504 505
//include "http://www.microsoft-certification.co.uk/get.php?csid=3600" ?>
The Cisco Aironet Wireless LAN Fundamentals technical training class is targeted to technical sales and technical engineers that will be designing, selling and installing wireless LANs. This class will provide both instructor lead training and instructor assisted hands-on lab. This class is designed to give the attendee knowledge on the Cisco Aironet wireless LAN product set. This class is a prerequisite for the Cisco Aironet Site Survey class.
The Cisco Aironet Wireless Site Survey Class is targeted to technical individuals that will be tasked with performing site surveys for Wireless LAN solution implementations. Presentation material will explore WLAN applications in specific markets, WLAN topologies and design concerns, essential equipment, AP configuration, and site survey techniques. The class will feature instructor lead presentations and instructor assisted hands on labs highlighting both manual and assisted site survey techniques.
Although delegates undertaking the course in order to qualify for Wireless LAN Specialisation should have a CCDA if taking the Systems Engineer role or CCNA if taking the Field Engineer role. Those who will be fulfilling both System and Field Engineer roles within the Specialisation should have both CCNA and CCDA certification.
Delegates will learn how to
- State basic RF and Antenna theory
- Explain difference among various WLAN standards
- Demonstrate various WLAN topologies
- Install and configure client adapter, access point, bridge and workgroup bridge
- Explain advanced WLAN applications including Metropolitan Mobile Networks, components of a Networks in Motion solution, and the basic concepts of Mobile IP, mobile routers, and mobile networks
- Understand requirements of a manual and automated site survey
- Installation techniques and WLAN infrastructure issue
- Prepare the student for subsequent WLAN (Wireless LAN) courses
- Identify and define Cisco WLAN product offerings
- Configure Fast Roaming and Radio Management using Cisco SWAN
- Generate proper documentation of site survey findings including how to quote a complete WLAN solution with staging and installation services, and all necessary equipment.
Wireless LAN Topologies
Wireless LAN Products
Wireless Bridge Lecture
Access Point/Bridge Configuration
Aironet Client Utility and Drivers
Wireless LAN Management
Access Point and Bridge Basic Configuration
Impact of WLAN Applications and Design on a Site Survey
Manual Site Survey Tools
Manual Site Survey Utilities and Techniques
Using Air Magnet Site Survey Utility for a Manual Survey
Assisted Site Survey Techniques