Oracle's new 10g database leverages the power of grid computing to spread tasks across multiple low-cost machines. Learners will be able to install and maintain an Oracle 10g database in an effective, efficient manner. Topics such as the interaction among Oracle components, an understanding of Oracle's architecture, performance monitoring, database security, user management, and backup and recovery techniques are covered.
Oracle 10g Administration I (1Z0-042)
This course is for Oracle 10g database administrators who wish to understand Oracle's Optimal Flexible Architecture, Shared Server Architecture, and database interfaces (SQL, Java, C++ and PL/SQL.)
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- Supplied sample files include sample documents, application files, programs, and programming code that enable learners to practice with these files, enhancing the learning experience.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks a learner's progress in a course.